Design Gaze is
a blog by Dr. Vuokko Takala-Schreib, who researches design and visual culture.
- Gaze is a central concept in postmodern consumer culture. Consumer culture is visual.
- Consumers are looking at each others what is good design and what are enjoyable everyday products. But inside their own consumer tribes. And inside their common world of excitement and experiences.
Design Research on visual aspects and in visual culture of consumer lifestyle products.
- How visual aspects influence on the purchasing decisions of consumers?
- How visual communication and visual signs are interpreted in different consumer cultures and among consumer tribes?
- How consumers express them self with everyday objects?